new name, new address: neonresolutions.tumblr.com



Wednesday, July 27, 2005

my hometown before 1.2 million visitors in four days


nijmegen
Originally uploaded by nyresolutions.

"just got back from a rather exhausting but fun day of amsterdam (public transport was on strike, so no trams or subways and only bikes in the streets) i sequentially met three of my friends, all happy, successfull and beautiful like they should be, visited my sister's work and found some time to nip into a record store.... (i bought just a few, one was martha and the muffins, the one i don't have yet, their best one) then took a train, got picked by my dad in utrecht and we drove home, listening to the muffins during a gigantic thunderstorm that is still pitterpatting as i type. this email is just a cheap excuse to relapse into my english, my dutch has suffered horribly, i keep saying english phrases directly and subconsciously translated into my supposedly native lingo, uugh. i also saw my first dutch celeb of the week since we landed smack in the middle of the netherlandish premiere of the tom cruise summer movie (ironically after watching an honestly quite wonderful acting performance of miss kate holmes in batman)"