new name, new address: neonresolutions.tumblr.com



Friday, September 03, 2004

one of the pictures i took on my road trip: blue ridge parkway


one of the pictures i took on my road trip: blue ridge parkway
Originally uploaded by nyresolutions.

another interesting thing about these first days is the way i adapt. i
start mimcing gestures and americanised adjectives (Nice!), what's
especiaaly disturbing is the fact that, because i've been hanging out
with british and india residents, my previously flawless
neutro-american aacent is more and more drifting into a decidedly
cockney way of speech. i suddenly find myself ordering a bagel in
british, or switch accents at random within a sentence, very
disturbing.
my phone service is almost working, so i'll be able to call some
people soon (if only to say call me back..). in the meantime my days
pass quite languidly, hardly any planning in advance, which means that
i sudenly find myself in washington square park as night is falling,
watching the freshmen and their equally wide-eyed parents and siblings
crossing the square, probably looking out for their first sight of the
elusive olsen twins, all the while this band of musicians is
practicising behind me, invite members of the public to sing along to
songs of their choosing ('summertime', and finally a mass singalong to
the magnificent 'tiny dancer').
in the morning i was out to the salvation army store across the street
where bought some mugs, a bowl, a shirt and suit-jacket for that
strokesy new york 'harry potter in converses' look that went out of
fashion two years ago, still no sign of my laptop yet so i'm still
writing these missives from the severyly cold computerlab at school.
hope all of you are well and enjoying the occasional late night
park-walk, love en kus f.