new name, new address: neonresolutions.tumblr.com



Tuesday, May 24, 2005

more sample madness

one long day: by the end of it i will have writen more than i have in the past week. has it really been just seven days since many of my friend here left? like i've tried to explain before my sense of time is seriously kaufman-esque at this stage of my life. much or little happens but i cannot seem to accurately quantify its duration in newtonian terms. einsteinian would probably work better if my mind would be able to process relativist physics and since i have trouble getting simple blinds to lower i think that would be too much of a crazy endeavor.
nothing much happened: more sandbox, paperwork for visa, fixed blinds for good (they now raise AND lower), fixed that blinking light on my phone, did dishes, went to laundromat, tried to book tickets all over europe (holland-venice, venice-vienna,
by train, ahh the good life and on the day harry potter comes out too!, vienna-holland, holland-new york), and watched a ton of movies (rosemary's baby, the lady eve, the searchers, house of flying daggers, etc.) now at work, didn't do any of my coverages over 'break', oops, so am now forced to stare at a huge pile of great great scripts while i finish my old ones, grrr, anyway, bruce willis ends up in jail, but happy, while my current subject features classic moments such as: "At home in London, Alex surprises his too glamorous American housekeeper, JACK, as she is practicing her sushi-slicing skills." i'm so there.
today has once again reminded me of the immense joy i have at this job. so silly, so fast, so good. the taunting pile contains the new robert altman, with lindsay lohan!, a new paul auster script, as well as film versions of some of my friends' favorite novels: the night listener and veronika decides to die. much to look forward too then...