new name, new address: neonresolutions.tumblr.com



Friday, April 08, 2005

beige colorado house


DSCF0603
Originally uploaded by nyresolutions.

"spent my morning at a louisville middle school
where me and belgian fulbrighter stephane charmed some 12-year-olds
(they got their principal to ask for our adresses)
many smart people here at the conference, also many nerdy types
sample dialogue:
"so, did you look new york before you moved to new york,
or did you dress like that after?"
tonight will be the crowning moment of this conference,
a home hospitality dinner with real americans
i, like, just cant wait
honestly
yesterday evening, after the whole bla bla future leaders of the world thing
i sat in the smoking lounge with three norwegians, one of whom studies African American studies
the bar is called time after thyme, get it...
two iowa housewives asked me to be their spy, flirted with me, bought
me drinks (southern comfort), and asked me where they could get some pot.
am reading james baldwin in between, very nice and quite good, the ending is a little too 'revelations' for me though
'this afternoon me and the elfin belgian are skipping a lecture to go into 'town'
then ill go to a lecture, tomorrow the mountains, a 'historic'
'steakhouse' and more lectures"